Take the guesswork out of planning your future by getting guidance from industry pros.
A mentorship can save you time, money, and the frustration of entering a career that wasn’t what you hoped it would be. Every decision that you make as a young person shapes the first few years of experience you’ll have in the workforce. It only makes sense for you to be 100 percent certain that you’ve chosen the right path for yourself.
Racking up mountains of student loan debt only to learn that you weren’t cut out for the job you hoped you’d make a lifetime career out of is disheartening. It’s also completely avoidable. Becoming a mentee gives you a unique perspective concerning several fields and industries by allowing you to make contact with people who currently work within them.
What to Expect from a Wayahead Mentorship
Once you’ve downloaded and signed up for an account through the app, you’ll be able to take advantage of its long list of benefits, including the ability to search for mentors that meet your needs. To get the most value out of the mentorship, note what you’ll get from being actively mentored by a professional in your chosen industry.
Five things you gain from being mentored are:
- Insider knowledge of the industries of your choice. Working with people who already know the ropes when it comes to the companies you want to work with is advantageous. They can give you an idea of what the challenges and rewards are professionally.
- Better communication skills as you work with professionals of all ages. If you weren’t much of a speaker before, you’d become one with practice. The way that you interact with the mentors and mentees that you meet will further your career by making it easier for you to put thoughts and ideas into words.
- A chance to network with people who could help further your career. Every person that you meet could be one that opens doors for you in the future. Take time to develop your relationships and make them into something highly beneficial for you.
- The opportunity to try a role on for size without going deep into debt. Before you invest tens of thousands of dollars into training and classes, know what you’re getting yourself into career-wise. Your mentor will help you prepare for life outside of the classroom and give you a very clear picture of whether the money spent is worth the experience that you’ll have working.
- Chances to explore the culture of some of the most successful companies in the world. Some companies are legendary for bringing people together. A mentor helps explain the culture in which you’ll work and how it can contribute to your success professionally.
A mentorship is a beneficial transaction between both parties. As a mentee, you gain valuable communication and leadership skills from leaders in the industry. You develop a professional relationship with your mentor who can give you step-by-step instruction on how to get a job with some of the top companies in the world, career development skills that extend outside the classroom, ways to make your resume stand out, and other tricks of the trade that help you shine professionally.
Download and Explore the App Today
Your future can be wayahead of your peers. Take advantage of a mentorship with successful people in industries that interest you. It only takes a few minutes of your time to set up your profile and start your professional journey.