As an experienced professional, there are things you can do to give back to your community and the world. One is to sign up to be a mentor. It’s a rewarding experience that allows you to share what you’ve learned with youth in need of career guidance. Your contribution to their experience can help them avoid paying for a degree that doesn’t serve them or even help them land the job of their dreams thanks to your leadership.
Why You Should Participate on Wayahead’s Platform
If you’re looking for a way to do good without needing to leave your home, you’ve got options. As an owner of an Apple or Android phone, all you need to do to get started is to download the Wayahead app from the App Store or Google Play store. Doing so allows you to register for an account as a mentor and start offering advice to people in search of mentorship.
Five compelling reasons to become a Wayahead mentor today include:
- It’s all online. You can conveniently offer advice through the app on your phone. You don’t need to uphold a strict schedule because you can contribute to the platform whenever you have the time to do so.
- You can help young people early in their careers. For many young people, the advice you give will be lifechanging. It helps steer them in the right direction of their dreams by helping them discover their worth.
- It makes you feel good to be of service to others. Your self-confidence soars because you’re able to help someone else. The longer you’re on the platform, the more mentees you can assist.
- You’re able to connect with other mentors and mentees without leaving home. You can social distance while still contributing to the Wayahead community. It’s a way to connect without being physically present.
- You can help kickstart someone’s success because of your generosity. Young people want to make the right choices, so they don’t waste their money on college degrees that don’t help them get to where they go quickly. Your experience in the industry provides them with a glimpse of what they can expect if they choose to pursue a path similar to yours.
Wayahead provides young people with a distinct advantage. Our platform pairs mentors with mentees that could benefit from your unique experiences. Get matched with someone interested in working in the same industry as you in minutes. Doing so gives them the foundation needed for a long and successful career.
Young People Need More People Like You in Their Life to Guide Their DecisionsCollege is a significant expense for most young people. Many change careers throughout their lifetimes, too, making education one of their greatest debts. To help avoid making a costly error by choosing the wrong career, mentors give youth an up close and personal look at life behind the scenes in different professions and industries. What you have to offer could very well set up a young college student for life in an industry that they love and can advance quickly in if desired.